Ensuring life is a healthy journey for women in our community.
Welcome to the Women's Council of Forsyth Medical Center Foundation. At nearly 200 members strong, the Women's Council focuses on efforts to improve the health of women of all ages and circumstances. We do that by providing educational opportunities for members and their guests each year as well as sponsoring our annual signature fundraising event The Garden Party.
Since the first Council meeting in 2008, we have made more than $260,000 in grants. This year, members voted to make a milestone commitment of $195,000 over three years to create a GYN nurse navigator program. In addition, we have made grants to:
· The Breast Clinic for mammograms for women who are un- or under-insured
· Girls on the Run to help pre-teens develop healthy attitudes and behaviors that last a lifetime
· Forsyth Medical Center's Domestic & Sexual Assault program
· Hospital to Home to help frail senior women recover at home
· The Cancer Center's Feel Good Friday program
We welcome you to our Web site and appreciate your support of our programs and your membership.